Using Personal TV
How do I use the Remote Control?
Using the 5-Button Rogers Remote Control
Programming the 5-Button Rogers Remote Control
Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Auto Scanning Method
- Turn ON your TV.
- Press the button once. The button will flash once.
- Press and hold the button until the button flashes twice, then release .
- Press 9 9 1 on the number pad. The button will flash twice.
- Aim the remote TOWARDS your TV, press the button once.
- Repeatedly press the button until your TV turns off. The remote will cycle through all possible codes until a match is found. You may need to press the button many times before finding a match.
- Once the TV turns off, press the button once to lock the code. The button will flash twice.
- Confirm the remote is programmed correctly by pressing the button to turn on your TV.
TIP: To program the remote to control other devices, repeat the above instructions using the mode button for that device (DVD, AUX or AUD).
Programming Your 5-Button Rogers Remote - Manual Method
- Find the code for the device you wish to control in the Rogers Remote Code Library.
- Turn ON the device you wish to control.
- Find the mode button for the device you wish to program (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) Press it once. The button will blink once.
- Press and hold the button until the selected mode button blinks twice.
- Enter the 4-digit code for the device. The selected mode button blinks twice. (If the mode button shows a single long blink, the entry is invalid. Try steps 3 and 4 again using a different code if available.)
- Point the remote at the device and press . The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4, using a different code for your device, if available.
- If you continue to experience problems, try the auto-scanning mode detailed above.
Back to previous page