Using Personal TV
How do I use the Remote Control?
Programming your remote to control your TV volume and mute
To program all remotes (except the 5-button Rogers Remote) to control the volume on your TV:
To program the 5-button Rogers Remote to control the volume on your TV:
- Cover the infrared portion on the front of the remote with your hand.
- Press and hold and the (CBL) button and the (SELECT) button until the mode buttons or LED blink twice.
- While covering the front of the remote, press 9 9 3. The CBL button or LED will blink twice once the process is complete.
- Now press the TV button. The CBL button or LED will blink twice to confirm a valid selection.
- Uncover the front of the remote and point it towards your TV. Check that your changes were accepted by testing the volume controls on the remote.
- If you see the digital box volume bar instead of your TV volume bar, your changes were not successful. Repeat these instructions from Step 1.
- Press the TV button.
- Press and hold SETUP until the TV button blinks twice.
- Enter 9 - 9 - 3. The TV button will blink twice.
- Press the TV button, it will blink twice.
- You are done. The volume functions on your TV will now be controlled by your remote.
TIP: For the best audio control, ensure your volume is set to Fixed in the GENERAL SETTINGS: AUDIO settings. Make sure you set the volume to maximum on the digital box.
Back to previous page